Monday, May 9, 2011

Afternoon in Tallinn

I am known as an over planner when I travel.  I pour over guidebooks and search every internet resource I can find, and usually have a detailed itinerary before I get on a plane.  The exception was a memorable afternoon in Tallinn.  I was in Helsinki for work, and we managed to finish our meetings early on a Friday afternoon.  A few colleagues suggested that we hop a ferry for Tallinn, a short two hour trip.  I don't remember which line we took on that day, but I have used the Silja Line for trips between Stockholm and Helsinki, and highly recommend it.  We were completely unprepared for our afternoon, but we followed the crowds to the old town, and had a lovely few hours wandering around.  The old town was a wonderful maze of small streets with tall white steeples that were particularly beautiful against the bright blue sky.

Market Hall Helsinki

Old Town Tallinn

Old Town Tallinn

Old Town Tallinn

Old Town Tallinn

View of Old Town Tallin from the Ferry

Helsinki Harbor after 10pm

Helsinki Harbor after 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment